Recognition in Six Categories Underscores Excellence in Student Media
Montclair, NJ — Eleven students and recent alumni from Montclair State University’s WMSC-FM have been named finalists by College Broadcasters Inc. for the National Student Production Awards. Their outstanding work at the campus radio station earned the student-operated outlet six nominations in the following categories:
- Best Promo: “Tunes on Tuesday” by Jared Tauber. This is Tauber’s second nomination in this category. Last year his 2022 promo for the show won the first place award.
- Best PSA (Public Service Announcement): “NJ Hike” by Marissa Thorn.
- Best Feature News Reporting: “Administration & Campus Experience Report” by Terry Dickerson.
- Best Regularly Scheduled Entertainment Program: “The Morning Buzz – Halloween Edition” by JT Bethea and Isaias Ramirez
- Best Station Imaging: “WMSC Sounds” by Jared Tauber, JT Bethea, Marissa Thorn and Yak Ferstenberg.
- Best Live Production: “The Happy Fits” by Jared Tauber, Emol McCormack, Leslie Gallagher, Jake Goetz, Ben Petruk and Nate Williams.
“I am immensely proud of our students and recent alumni who earned this recognition,” said WMSC General Manager Anabella Poland. “Their achievements are a testimony of their creativity, resourcefulness and the quality of education they receive at Montclair State University. We look forward to the awards ceremony and celebrate their accomplishments.”
The awards ceremony will take place at the CBI National Student Media Convention in Orlando on October 21, where industry professionals, educators, and students will converge to celebrate excellence in student media.
For more information about CBI and the National Student Production Awards, please visit askcbi.org
WMSC is a non-commercial, alternative rock and talk college radio station located in New Jersey and owned by Montclair State University. WMSC broadcasts at 90.3 MHz, online at www.wmscradio.com and is available on the iHeartRadio App & Platforms. It is the mission of WMSC to provide an educational and pre-professional experience in a co-curricular activity for the student body of Montclair State University fostering student learning, professional advancement and civic engagement.